Check out Retune by SquallyDoc Studios on the Android Play store. It is available for free and out of the 5 remote iTunes apps I tried this was the best one by far. Installation is simple, connect your iTunes and PC to the same wi-fi network, start iTunes on your PC then Retune on your android device. A remote icon appears on your iTunes where you then put in the code that appears on Retune and you are connected. This only needs to be done the first time you are setting up Retune. After this it is easy to connect, play your playlists, adjust volume and it even bring up your album covers. I really enjoy this app!
Below are the developers details of the Retune app:
* Ability to toggle playing/pause, seek in a song, skip forward and backward, set shuffle, and set repeat.
* View all iTunes songs, artists, albums, genres, and composers.
* View and play all iTunes movies, rentals, TV Shows, podcasts, iTunes U courses, and audiobooks
* View playlists.
* View genius mixes.
* Ability to play music from any of the viewing categories (songs, artists, albums, genres, composers, playlists, genius mixes, and radio).
* Ability to start a genius playlist from the currently playing song.
* Ability to search for music, movies, TV Shows, podcasts, and iTunes U courses.
* Set which iTunes speakers to use and the current volume for any of those speakers.
* Tell iTunes to stream to an Apple TV.
* iTunes 11 Up Next Support. Add songs, albums, artist, genres, composers, and playlists to the Up Next list. Including the ability to view/remove/reorder songs and parts of the Up Next list.
* View album artwork.
* Notification (including expanded notification) controls.
* Lockscreen controls. This requires Audio Focus so if you do not like this behavior you can disable the feature in settings. Android 4.2 has a defect with lockscreen controls causing problems on the lockscreen. This option is disabled by default for Android 4.2. Use lockscreen widgets instead for a better user experience.
* Built from the ground up to support both phones and tablets!
* Multiple Widgets both for small and large screens.
* Lockscreen widgets for devices that support it (turn off lockscreen controls for best experience)
* Rate songs right from Retune.
* Enjoy either the light or dark theme.
* Use your device’s physical volume buttons to control the iTunes volume within the Retune app.
* Ability to enable Retune to pause the currently playing song when a call is received and start playing again once the call finishes.
* Side bar support for quick navigation.
* Shared library support.
* WIFI for Android device to connect to iTunes.
* Computer running iTunes v10.0, MonkeyTunes for MediaMonkey, AlbumPlayer TouchRemote, or TouchRemote for Foobar2000 on the same network as your Android device. Retune has not been tested with any other DACP servers which have not been listed as supported.
Retune does not play iTunes music on your Android device. It is merely a remote for iTunes.
iTunes, AirPort, AirPlay and AppleTV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Retune is not authorized or approved by Apple Inc.